The oil is widely used as a massage oil and is known to reduce premature greying of hair when applied regularly to the scalp at night. Yellow mustard oil is suitable for high heat applications such as frying. It can be used as well as a drizzle and pickle oil.
Yellow Mustard Oil
store it in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and ensure the bottle is tightly sealed to maintain its freshness; before each use, give the bottle a gentle shake to evenly distribute any settled sediments, and enjoy the pure, unprocessed flavor and health benefits of this unique oil in your cooking, salad dressings, or as a natural remedy for various ailments.
1. Cooking: Yellow mustard oil is commonly used in Indian, Bangladeshi, and Pakistani cuisine. It is often used for tempering or tadka, which involves heating the oil with spices and aromatics at the beginning or end of cooking to infuse flavors. It can also be used for sautéing, stir-frying, and deep-frying. Yellow mustard oil lends a unique pungency and depth to curries, lentil dishes, and vegetable preparations.
2. Pickling: Yellow mustard oil is a popular choice for making pickles due to its strong flavor and preservative properties. It helps in preserving the pickled vegetables and adds a distinct taste. You can use it for pickling vegetables like mangoes, carrots, or mixed vegetables.
3. Marinades and dressings: Yellow mustard oil can be used as a base for marinades and salad dressings. Combine it with other ingredients like vinegar, lemon juice, spices, and herbs to create flavorful marinades for meats, fish, or tofu. It can also be used as a dressing for salads, coleslaw, or vegetable salads.
4. Condiments and chutneys: Yellow mustard oil is used in the preparation of various condiments and chutneys in Indian cuisine. It can be added to mustard-based sauces, such as aloo dum (spicy potato curry), to enhance the flavor. It can also be used in homemade chutneys like mint chutney, tamarind chutney, or garlic chutney.
5. Traditional remedies: In some cultures, yellow mustard oil is believed to have medicinal properties. It is used externally for massages, especially for infants, to promote circulation, and relieve body aches. However, it's important to consult with a healthcare professional before using it for any medicinal purposes.
Returns are applicable on a case-by-case basis.